Love is patient.......

“keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” ‭‭‬ Psalms ‭16:8‬ ‭ 

 This verse has been very close to me over the last month. The month started with a mini stroke that has caused me to lose a portion of my peripheral vision in my right eye. Also because of the potential that the stroke could have been caused by the treatment trial I was put on treatment hold. Two weeks later I started having pain in my left hip and was feeling generally not well. Today we know this was because for the first time since we started treatments the cancer fought back in the last month because I wasn’t able to take a treatment. It was a minimal amount of growth but in the right places to cause the pain I was feeling, just another example of the Lord watching out for us.  I wanted to be scared, I wanted to have doubt but He would not let me. I have kept telling myself “ Lord I trust you, I know you have control and that everything will be ok”. This thought has given me such peace. The other verse that I keep repeating from 1 Corinthians 13:4 “ Love is patient.......”. This is on His (Loves time) for God is Love. I want a quick fix, He is telling me be patient, who am I going to listen to. 

Next week we start a new treatment program involving an immunotherapy drug. Please be praying for good results, but more important, be praying for us to “be still and know..... trust in Him..... and be patient.” 

 In Him Kirk & Yvette


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hakuna Matata

Can you see the Cross from where you are?

What will you do with today?